- Northeastern Illinois University, Illinois, May 2009, B.S. Education
- Concordia University, Illinois, December 2011, M.A. Curriculum and Instruction with ESL endorsement
- Northeastern Illinois University, Illinois, August 2012, M.A. Educational Leadership
- Northern Illinois University, Illinois, Educational Specialist Certificate, July 2019
- Aurora University, Illinois, Doctorate in Educational Leadership, Anticipated May 2021
First Elected Term: 2021
Cary Benjamin Weisgram M.Ed. is a learning systems administrator with Start Early, an early childhood education advocacy non-profit that promotes the health and education of children in poverty between 0 and 5 years old. He is father to one current and one future student at Madison Elementary and an active member of Lombard Town Centre and the Helen Plum Library Foundation. He comes to the District 44 Board with the following experience:
· B.A. in English Secondary Education from The University of Illinois at Chicago, 2005.
· M.Ed. in Curriculum, Technology, and Education Reform from The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2011.
· Eight years of experience as a high school English Language Arts teacher for Chicago Public Schools and Township District 214.
· Six years specializing in educational technology for a trade association and now a non-profit.
Cary believes in Constructionism, the idea that learning occurs best when students and adults are able to imagine the world around them and construct new ideas and frameworks by applying their lived experience in new and creative spaces. On the school board, he hopes to apply this philosophy by promoting the expansion of learning space and opportunities in the district technology plan and provide for professional development to support imaginative solutions for all of our kids.