According to Section10-20.56 of the School Code, the school district may adopt a resolution, utilizing "e-learning days" in lieu of emergency days.
- E-Learning Day communication will follow the standard communication protocols that Lombard uses for emergency day notifications.
- Email, social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), as well as District and individual school websites, & automated phone calls.
- Students and staff will meet in the morning via a Google Meet to discuss the day's schedule and to discuss the day's activities as well as take attendance.
- Asynchronous activities and assignments will be located in Google Classroom & Seesaw.
- Staff will be available during contractual hours to answer emails.
- Students can work on and submit activities until the day they return from an e-Learning day.
- For any student who misses learning experiences due to technological issues, upon their return to school, the students will make arrangements with their classroom teacher.