Wednesday, September 19
Guiding Question: Where Are We Now?
- Review process and outline expectations
- Evaluate Strengths Vs. Challenges (internal and external) of District 44
- Conduct Value Proposition (who are our stakeholders and what are their needs?) We will complete the following as part of this exercise:
- Data Assessment: Review Opening Day Roundtable Discussions, Survey Results, Outcome of PTA Focus Group
- Determine Stakeholder Perspectives to Live in Plan
- Choose High Level Strategic Themes (common needs of our Stakeholders)
Thursday, October 11
Guiding Question: How Do We Get From Where We Currently Are to Where We Want to Be?
- Review Current Mission, Vision and Core Values and Determine If it is Reflective of Stakeholder Needs
- Develop Theme Teams to Begin Development of Objectives for Each Theme and Determine Intended Results of those Objectives
Wednesday, November 14
Guiding Question: How Do We Know We Are Successful?
- Review Strategic Objectives Brought Forward by Theme Teams
- Review What Data We Currently Have that Should Be Used to Measure Success of Each Objective
- Determine Data We Do Not Have to Measure Success of Each Objective
Thursday, December 13
Guiding Question: Does the Plan Represent Our District’s Future Direction?
- Review One-Page Document Highlighting Mission, Vision, Perspectives, Themes, Strategic Objectives, and Performance Measurements
- Determine Communication Feedback Loops to Share Plan with All Stakeholder Groups - (this is the vetting of the plan to determine accurate representation of stakeholder needs)
Thursday, January 31
Guiding Question: What’s next?
- Review Communication Plan Around Sharing of the Plan
- Determine Needs for Year 2 Work - (What do Departments and Schools Need in order to Develop Specific Initiatives in Achievement of Plan in the Form of Department & SIP Plans?).